Crown Casino Strike Averted

Submitted by Greg Tingle on

Written by :

Greg Tingle

Published on :

A CASINO worker strike planned during Melbourne's busy Caulfield Cup has been averted.

The Liquor Hospitality and Miscellaneous Union (LHMU) says a dispute over pay has been resolved and a strike at Crown casino, set to start on Friday and continue into Caulfield Cup Day on Saturday, one of Crown's busier days, had now been cancelled.

The union statement, released today, says it has agreed to pay rises of 4 per cent a year, up from Crown's initial offer of 3.75 per cent.

The deal also includes a deferral to planned changes in the career structure of experienced croupiers, the union says.

Both the union and Crown are expected to speak on the deal later today. – Source:  The Melbourne Herald

Media and gaming analyst Greg Tingle from Media Man said "The news of the Crown Casino industry strike been called off is welcome news. This will see Crown Casino return to business as usual, and will ease the tensions between management, staff, the union and shareholders, us being one of them. As previously reported at Gambling911 the Crown Casino strike had been estimated to cost in excess of $4 million all told. We wish all parties well with their continues negotiations, and may everyone have a fabulous and stress free Caulfield Cup Day. Here's to a win - win - win, Aussie Tiffecta style. Oh, public congratulations to Crown's James Packer and the powers that be for seeing things being resoled. A fair go for all, for its the Australian way of life".

Media Man and Gambling911 will keep you involved of developments in the coming days and weeks, as the Australian casino wars continue.

*Greg Tingle of Media Man is a special contributor for Gambling911 and owns shares in Crown Limited

Related Content

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.
Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two six figure jackpots in one day and multiple jackpots hit over the course of a few weeks at a single Sacramento area casino.... We're talking the Thunder Valley Casino Resort, a mere 30 miles outside California's capital city.
RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

Customers at RealPrize and LoneStar have until September 22, 2026 to withdraw all funds if they happen to reside in the state of Delaware.
Trial to Move Forward in MGM Grand Las Vegas Ketamine Case

Trial to Move Forward in MGM Grand Las Vegas Ketamine Case

Prominent sports agent Dwight Manley claims he was involuntarily drugged with ketamine while playing blackjack in the high-limit area of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in December 2021.