Caesars Could Close All Four of Its Atlantic City Properties: Harrah’s, Bally’s

Submitted by Aaron Goldstein on

Written by :

Aaron Goldstein

Published on :

In a conference call last week, Caesar’s Entertainment Corp. CEO Gary Loveman said his firm could not rule out closing some or all four of its Atlantic City casino properties as a means to cut costs.

"We are looking at all of our options to reduce the cost of doing business here," Loveman said Wednesday on a conference call after reporting a wider first-quarter loss. "All the businesses in A.C. are under tremendous pressure."

The casino firm has already shuttered one of its acquired properties, the Atlantic Club, and announced it was placing a $1 million bid for one of four available gaming licenses in New York.

The company owns four casinos in Atlantic City—Caesars, Bally's, Harrah's and Showboat.  Loveman could not say for certain that one or all of these properties would eventually close.

- Aaron Goldstein, Gambling911.com

Related Content

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.
Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two six figure jackpots in one day and multiple jackpots hit over the course of a few weeks at a single Sacramento area casino.... We're talking the Thunder Valley Casino Resort, a mere 30 miles outside California's capital city.
RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

Customers at RealPrize and LoneStar have until September 22, 2026 to withdraw all funds if they happen to reside in the state of Delaware.
Trial to Move Forward in MGM Grand Las Vegas Ketamine Case

Trial to Move Forward in MGM Grand Las Vegas Ketamine Case

Prominent sports agent Dwight Manley claims he was involuntarily drugged with ketamine while playing blackjack in the high-limit area of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in December 2021.