US, Switzerland to Split $50 Million in Assets From BetOnSports Shutdown

Submitted by Associated Press on

Written by :

Associated Press

Published on :

GENEVA, (Associated Press) - Switzerland and the United States have split the take of nearly $50 million following the break-up of an illegal online gambling service.

Ad: Open an Online Betting Account Today at AceSportsbook.  Receive Next Day Payouts and Hundreds of Dollars in Signup Bonuses Here

The Swiss Justice Ministry says the assets have been divided up following plea agreements in 2009 between the U.S. government and top executives of BetOnSports facing racketeering and other charges.

The ministry said Tuesday that funds squirreled away in Swiss banks were unfrozen and forfeited to the U.S. Treasury as part of the deal. The Treasury last week gave half of about 50 million Swiss francs ($49 million) to the Swiss government for its cooperation, becoming one of Switzerland's biggest asset-sharing cases.

BetOnSports ceased operation in 2006.

Related Content

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.
Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two six figure jackpots in one day and multiple jackpots hit over the course of a few weeks at a single Sacramento area casino.... We're talking the Thunder Valley Casino Resort, a mere 30 miles outside California's capital city.
RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

Customers at RealPrize and LoneStar have until September 22, 2026 to withdraw all funds if they happen to reside in the state of Delaware.
Trial to Move Forward in MGM Grand Las Vegas Ketamine Case

Trial to Move Forward in MGM Grand Las Vegas Ketamine Case

Prominent sports agent Dwight Manley claims he was involuntarily drugged with ketamine while playing blackjack in the high-limit area of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in December 2021.