Full Tilt Poker Suitors Now Having Doubts: Postpone Re-Launch Date

Submitted by C Costigan on

Written by :

C Costigan

Published on :

French firm Group Bernard Tapie (GBT) is now doubting the viability of Full Tilt Poker, once the second largest online poker room in the world.

Cake-Square-010712.jpg

The company revealed FTP’s financial woes were much worse than originally believed.  Group Bernard Tapie accuses Full Tilt Poker pros of owing approximately $17 million to the firm. 

“If the money doesn’t come in, it creates a serious obstacle to completion of the deal. This isn’t the only issue with the takeover, and the deal won’t end on any one issue, but this is a substantial item,” Behn Dayanim, attorney facilitating the deal, stated in an interview this week. 

One of those alleged to owe money is pro Barry Greenstein. 

“I don’t believe my debt has any impact on the sale to the Tapie group as they have alleged,” Greenstein said on the TwoPlusTwo.com posting forum. “I was concerned about taking money due to U.S. players and giving it to the Tapie group because it is understood that the Tapie group won’t be the one paying the U.S. players.”

GBT has put on hold its planned date to resurrect the Full Tilt Poker brand.   They had previously suggested the online poker might be back up and running on March 1.

“It’s very difficult to predict with any certainty when the start date will be,” Dayanim told PocketFives. “There are a few issues that are substantial and material. The debt owed to Full Tilt Poker by players is a significant issue. We are hoping we’ll be able to work through it. This is a significant issue that we’re trying to address and we’ve had limited success so far.”

- Chris Costigan, Gambling911.com Publisher

Related Content

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.
Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.
Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two Six Figure Jackpots in One Day Hit at Thunder Valley Casino Outside of Sacramento

Two six figure jackpots in one day and multiple jackpots hit over the course of a few weeks at a single Sacramento area casino.... We're talking the Thunder Valley Casino Resort, a mere 30 miles outside California's capital city.
RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

RealPrize, Lone Star Sweepstakes Casinos Exit Delaware Market

Customers at RealPrize and LoneStar have until September 22, 2026 to withdraw all funds if they happen to reside in the state of Delaware.