William Hill to Open Talks With Playtech Following Tel Aviv Debacle

Submitted by Guest on

Written by :

Guest

Published on :

(Reuters) - William Hill (WMH.L) is to open talks with Playtech (PTEC.L) this month to try to salvage the companies' joint online venture following a breakdown in relations last year, the Financial Times reported on Monday.

Executives from the UK's high street gambling operator and Tel Aviv-based Playtech will meet to discuss whether to end their joint venture or find "a third way", the newspaper said, citing a person familiar with the situation.

"It is imperative that all options are explored, including structural changes to the joint venture, something we are not opposed to," Playtech's chief executive Mor Weizman is quoted as saying the article.

William Hill wants strategic control over the fastest-growing division in its business by ending Playtech's veto over acquisitions and obtaining a commitment from the company not to work with high street rivals Ladbrokes (LAD.L), the FT said.

Playtech, which owns 29 percent of William Hill Online, has been the bookmaker's online partner since 2008, when it paid 250 million euros (209 million pounds) for its stake.

The deal allowed Playtech to provide the software for online casino and poker games and the personnel to drive customers to the bookmaker's online operation.

The companies could not be reached for immediate comment.

 

Related Content

Washington State Congressman Wants End to Wildfire Betting on Kalshi, Polymarket as Spokane Area Still Reeling

Washington State Congressman Wants End to Wildfire Betting on Kalshi, Polymarket as Spokane Area Still Reeling

Rep. Michael Baumgartner, R-Spokane, introduced the bill this week. Critics say betting on wildfires is, at best, grotesque and could incentivize arson and other illegal acts.
Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has filed two lawsuits Wednesday against companies behind major online sweepstakes casinos, including Chumba Casino parent company VGW, which also operates the hugely popular LuckyLand and Global Poker sites.
BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

Gambling911.com is happy to report that a long standing payout issue involving BetAmapola has now been resolved.
More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.