Revel Casino Bankruptcy Hearing Postponed Until Next Week

Submitted by Associated Press on

Written by :

Associated Press

Published on :

ATLANTIC CITY – (Associated Press) - The bankruptcy auction of the troubled Revel casino hotel, which had been scheduled for Thursday, has been postponed until next week.

Lawyers for the casino said in a court filing Wednesday night that they had received multiple bids for the casino by Monday's deadline and needed additional time to review them.

The auction was rescheduled for 9 a.m. next Thursday.

Atlantic City Mayor Don Guardian said last month that there were six potential buyers for the casino, but none of the potential bids have been outlined.

Moelis & Co., the investment firm hired to find buyers, said in a court filing that it reached out to more than 130 parties, including gambling operators, hotel operators, and other investors. The firm is also reviewing bids and researching buyer backgrounds, according to the description of its work included in the filings.

Revel is the city's newest casino and cost $2.4 billion to build. It opened in April 2012, but has declared bankruptcy twice. The casino has said it would close if a buyer was not found and approved.

Last week, a bankruptcy judge approved a bonus plan that could pay a total of $1.75 million to Revel executives.

Gambling analysts have said that Atlantic City has too many casinos and too little demand, and must reduce gambling supply to stabilize itself.

 

Related Content

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has filed two lawsuits Wednesday against companies behind major online sweepstakes casinos, including Chumba Casino parent company VGW, which also operates the hugely popular LuckyLand and Global Poker sites.
BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

Gambling911.com is happy to report that a long standing payout issue involving BetAmapola has now been resolved.
More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.
Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.