Macau Still Hurting in November

Submitted by Aaron Goldstein on

Written by :

Aaron Goldstein

Published on :

Macau gambling revenues appear to be stagnant in the month of November so far following a poor performance in October.

BetOnline

October was the worst month on record for casino revenues in the world's biggest gambling hub of Macau with revenues falling between 20 and 30 percent.

Analysts weighed in on the last two weeks results.

“Up to November 16, Macau noted gross gaming revenue (GGR) of MOP12.75 billion [US$1.6 billion], implying ADR of MOP797 million, [continuing] to track lower than the ADR of MOP850 million in October (post-Golden Week holiday) and MOP852 million for September,” said a note from Credit Suisse AG.

“The ADR last week (November 10-16) further decelerated to MOP750 million. The [Macau] Grand Prix race during November 13-16 may [have] hurt revenue, but an 11 percent week-on-week decline appeared to be weak,” said analysts Kenneth Fong and Isis Wong.

“We estimate these drags could have impacted mass by 6 to 13 percentage points. Combined with continued slowing in high-end demand, we see these factors driving underlying mass growth (-5 percent in October) to be below consensus expectations of single digit growth in the fourth quarter,” said the UBS analysts.

- Aaron Goldstein, Gambling911.com

Related Content

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has filed two lawsuits Wednesday against companies behind major online sweepstakes casinos, including Chumba Casino parent company VGW, which also operates the hugely popular LuckyLand and Global Poker sites.
BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

Gambling911.com is happy to report that a long standing payout issue involving BetAmapola has now been resolved.
More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.
Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.