Caesars Receives Notice of Default From UMB Bank

Submitted by Aaron Goldstein on

Written by :

Aaron Goldstein

Published on :

Caesars Entertainment Corp. said on Monday that its main operating unit received a notice of default from UMB Bank last week at a time when the gambling firm is seeking creditor approval for a potential real estate investment trust plan.  Caesars called the UMB claims “meritless”.

BetOnline

Reports surfaced last week that Caesars was unable to make certain debt payments and that it was contemplating bankruptcy as it will be unable to repay debts by the fourth quarter of 2015 without restructuring.

The company wrote in a regulatory statement that it spent $550 million and anticipates negative cash flow for the foreseeable future.

READ MORE Caesars Shares Plunge on News of 3Q Losses Caesars Claims Hidden Agenda Behind Mass Unflattering Background Check
Caesars May Bid for Revel Casino
Find The Best Online Casinos

Caesars wrote: “does not expect its cash flows from operations will be sufficient to repay its indebtedness and will ultimately need to pursue additional debt or equity offerings or seek a refinancing, amendment, private restructuring nor reorganization under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.”

The company is looking to restructure $18.4 billion in debt stemming from its leveraged buyout by Apollo Global Management LLC and TPG in 2008.

Some analysts have supported Caesars placing its largest operating division into a real estate investment trust to deal commonly referred to as a REIT though it is widely understood that the company will be unable to avoid bankruptcy in 2015.

“Such a maneuver, if executed, can increase CEOC’s value by an estimated 13 percent,” Fitch gaming analyst Michael Paladino said in a report late last week to investors. “With the company’s cash, CEOC could be worth roughly $11 billion, compared with $9.7 billion without the spinoff.”

Caesars has been exposed to the crumbling casino market in Atlantic City while China’s Macau has also begun to experience a major decline in recent weeks.

- Aaron Goldstein, Gambling911.com

Related Content

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has filed two lawsuits Wednesday against companies behind major online sweepstakes casinos, including Chumba Casino parent company VGW, which also operates the hugely popular LuckyLand and Global Poker sites.
BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

Gambling911.com is happy to report that a long standing payout issue involving BetAmapola has now been resolved.
More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.
Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.