Caesars Fined $15K for Soliciting Self-Excluded Gamblers

Submitted by Associated Press on

Written by :

Associated Press

Published on :

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (Associated Press) - New Jersey casino regulators have fined the local Internet gambling arm of Caesars Entertainment $15,000 for soliciting gamblers who signed up for a self-exclusion list that is supposed to prevent them from betting.

The state's Gaming Enforcement Division disclosed the fine Tuesday against Caesars Interactive Entertainment New Jersey.

The state charged in April that the company allowed self-excluded gamblers to create Internet gambling accounts and allowed five of them to actually place online bets. It also claimed Caesars sent marketing material to 231 self-excluded gamblers, soliciting their business.

The company paid a $10,000 fine for a similar infraction last year.

Regarding the fine announced Tuesday, company spokesman Seth Palansky said Caesars Interactive actually turned itself in to regulators once it realized it had erred.

"We self-reported this error to the DGE after we were notified by our third-party provider a lapse in procedure occurred," Palansky said. "We regret the error, and apologize to those affected by it. We accept the punishment and will work more diligently to avoid a repeat mistake."

Related Content

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has filed two lawsuits Wednesday against companies behind major online sweepstakes casinos, including Chumba Casino parent company VGW, which also operates the hugely popular LuckyLand and Global Poker sites.
BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

Gambling911.com is happy to report that a long standing payout issue involving BetAmapola has now been resolved.
More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.
Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.