Online Gambling: British Columbia Website Compromised User Information

Submitted by C Costigan on

Written by :

C Costigan

Published on :

Last night, Gambling911.com brought you the shock story regarding how the British Columbia B.C. Lottery Corp. reportedly has ties to organized crime.

Now comes word that the B.C. Lottery Corp last week disabled its online gambling site “because the accounts belonging to 134 users had been compromised”, organization president and CEO Michael Graydon said Tuesday.

Graydon told the Vancouver Sun that after a major relaunch of the website on Thursday, about $8,000 was wagered by accounts controlled by someone other than the owner and in 12 cases, users were able to view other people’s personal information.  Banking information was also revealed to these individuals.

Prior to these latest revelations, officials had said that the website, PlayNow.com, went down last week due to “an overload of traffic”.

Company vice-president Kevin Gass made no mention at the time of a security breach, according to the Sun.

British Columbia Solicitor General Mike de Jong stated publicly this week his concerns over the B.C. Lotteries Corp having been fined $670,000 by the federal agency that tracks money laundering and terrorist financing.

De Jong said Tuesday he is reviewing reports he has just received about more than 1,000 violations by the lottery corporation of the federal Proceeds of Crime and Terrorist Financing Act.

"Obviously the facilities are there to administer to members of the public engaged in lawful gaming activities and if some of these early reports are true, yes, it is troubling," de Jong said. "Gaming is legitimate activity. It is regulated heavily. We expect both those providing the gaming actrivites and those consumer and customers who use it to abide by the law."

Open an online betting account at Bookmaker.com with $300 and receive a FREE $300.  Use bonus code:  GAMBLING911.  Bookmaker.com is the oldest established online gambling website.

Ace King, Gambling911.com

Related Content

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has filed two lawsuits Wednesday against companies behind major online sweepstakes casinos, including Chumba Casino parent company VGW, which also operates the hugely popular LuckyLand and Global Poker sites.
BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

Gambling911.com is happy to report that a long standing payout issue involving BetAmapola has now been resolved.
More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.
Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.