‘No Collusion’ Says Bodog Poker: Hole Cards to be Revealed

Submitted by Ace King on

Written by :

Ace King

Published on :

In response to concerns over possibility of collusion at Bodog Poker, the company has announced that players will now be able to request hand histories revealing hole cards.

Americas-Cardroom-Square-022412.jpg

The hope is that unscrupulous players, including those engaging in collusion, will be immediately outed through an analysis of recent hole cards.    

“The fact that we can now offer players this information is another advantage of our anonymous tables and something nobody else can offer,” said Jonas Odman, vice president of the Bodog Poker Network. “Collusion is a natural concern for any poker room but this new additional feature puts the player in full control. This makes the Bodog Poker Network the fairest place to play poker online in the world.”

Bodog Poker unveiled its anonymous table platform late last year, resulting in mixed reviews, although the more outspoken virtual poker community widely condemned the new software.  The company said at the time Bodog was attempting to appeal more to a recreational player base as opposed to so-called “sharks” that relished in feeding frenzies on sites such as PokerStars and the now defunct Full Tilt Poker. 

The recreational model appears to be taking hold throughout much of Europe though there are exceptions.

One company last week introduced Fast Poker, a high speed adrenaline packed platform that allows a pool of players to quickly transfer to another table upon folding their cards.  Fast Poker is designed to appeal more to grinders.

Elsewhere, Americas Cardroom appears to be moving in the opposite direction, filling a void left behind by PokerStars in the US market. 

What is widely considered to be among the most deep pocketed poker rooms, ACR has become more accommodating towards high stakes players, offering a dealt distribution method of rake over the more recreational-player-friendly weighted distribution.

- Ace King, Gambling911.com

Related Content

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida AG Sues Chumba Casino, LuckyLand, Global Poker, Stake Sweepstakes Casinos

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has filed two lawsuits Wednesday against companies behind major online sweepstakes casinos, including Chumba Casino parent company VGW, which also operates the hugely popular LuckyLand and Global Poker sites.
BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

BetAmapola Dispute Resolved: Player Paid in Full

Gambling911.com is happy to report that a long standing payout issue involving BetAmapola has now been resolved.
More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

More Sweepstakes Casino Closures in August: LuckyStake and The Money Factory Shut Down

LuckyStake shut its sweepstakes casino down Aug. 14 with redemptions due by Aug. 20. The Money Factory did so two weeks prior.
Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports  $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

Bally's Halts Chicago Casino Construction as Company Reports $792 million in Revenue....$4.5 billion in DEBT?

The company reported roughly $265.9 million in negative operating cash flow during the first six months of the year.