Police Recover Funds Stolen During Jonathan Duhamel Home Invasion

Submitted by Ace King on

Written by :

Ace King

Published on :

Police announced Wednesday that they had uncovered approximately half of the funds belonging to 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event winner Jonathan Duhamel stolen from his home.

Bianca Rojas Latraverse and two other men were charged with robbing and beating Duhamel just days before Christmas after forcing their way into the poker champ's suburban Montreal, Quebec home.  Latraverse, who is charged with orchestrating the brazen home invasion, had previously dated Duhamel and was recently denied bail.

On January 6 police received an anonymous tip that the cash had been dropped into a mailbox in Old Longueuil, a town outside of Montreal.  Police say they discovered nearly half of the $115,000 stolen.

Latraverse and John Stephen Clark Lemay will remain behind bars and are set to attend a preliminary hearing scheduled for February 21 while two other suspects, Anthony Bourque and André-Robert Perron, were released for the duration of the trial.

Duhamel is the first Canadian to win a WSOP Main Event.  He was awarded just under $9 million.

- Ace King, Gambling911.com

Related Content

Fugitive Sports Betting Influencer Vegas Dave Could Be Extradited From Bora Bora

Fugitive Sports Betting Influencer Vegas Dave Could Be Extradited From Bora Bora

A flashy sports betting influencer — known for his Birkin bag collections and mansions — was slapped with an arrest warrant from Las Vegas judge Joe Hardy Thursday after he no-showed a civil court proceeding, according to court records.
North Carolina Professor Says Purchase of Losing Lottery Tickets on eBay to Offset Gambling Losses 'Clearly Tax Fraud'

North Carolina Professor Says Purchase of Losing Lottery Tickets on eBay to Offset Gambling Losses 'Clearly Tax Fraud'

The scheme actually dates back to the 1980s...and don't think for a second the IRS is unaware of it.
Judge Issues Arrest Warrant for Las Vegas Sports Bettor 'Vegas Dave'

Judge Issues Arrest Warrant for Las Vegas Sports Bettor 'Vegas Dave'

A judge said he would issue an arrest warrant for Las Vegas sports betting figure David Oancea on Thursday after Oancea failed to appear in court. Oancea is better known in the sports betting community as "Vegas Dave".