Crown Casino Boss to be Released From Chinese Prison

Written by:
C Costigan
Published on:
Aug/11/2017

Crown Resorts’ head of VIP operations, Jason O’Connor, was set to be released from a Shanghai, China prison following a 10-month sentence for promotion of gambling.  He will be deported back to his native Australia the same day.

Nineteen Crown staff pleaded guilty to the crime of promoting gambling in June, in a trial that lasted half a day.

James Packer ended his pursuit of Chinese high rollers following the arrests.

Mr O'Connor, who lived with his family in Melbourne, was visiting China to meet with Chinese high rollers at the time of the raid, and was picked up by authorities on his way to the airport, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

- Aaron Goldstein, Gambling911.com

Gambling News

Mafia Planned to Infiltrate Malta Gambling Sector

Mafia Planned to Infiltrate Malta Gambling Sector

An anti-Mafia investigation in Palermo uncovered “advanced plans” by Mafia clans to relocate their underground activities through online gaming companies in Malta, the Times of Malta is informed.

Caesars Bans Player for Being Named in Legendz Sports Indictment

Caesars Bans Poker Player for Being Named in Legendz Sports Indictment

A player suing Caesars Casino for allegedly banning him had previously worked for the now-defunct Legendz Sports, a company the US Government forced to close in 2013. 

Record Fines Handed Down Against Casino Including Collusion to Steal

Pennsylvania's casino gambling regulators slapped Mohegan Sun Pocono with record fines totaling $1 million for what it called failing to follow internal controls and doing business with unlicensed vendors.

Judge: Video Gambling Profits Must Be Split With Operators

Judge: Video Gambling Profits Must Be Split With Operators

A judge has ruled that Illinois video gambling parlors must continue to evenly split their profits with companies that operate the terminals.

No Evidence Ashes Test Under Fixing Threat, Says ICC

No Evidence Ashes Test Under Fixing Threat, Says ICC

The ICC are taking allegations in a British newspaper about attempts to organise spot-fixing during the third Ashes test “extremely seriously” but do not think the match has been compromised, global cricket’s governing body said on Thursday.

Syndicate