- Golfer was arrested for disorderly conduct after becoming abusive towards a casino security guard on August 13
- Prosecutors have decided not to pursue the matter any further
- Allenby went on verbal tirade on Twitter calling people wankers and d***heads then said he was intoxicated at the time
- Last year, Allenby was kidnapped and left for dead
45-year-old Australian golfer Robert Allenby was arrested two weeks ago outside an Illinois casino for disorderly conduct and trespassing. On Monday prosecutors said they would not pursue the matter any further.
Allenby was accused of being abusive to a security guard at the Jumer’s Casino around 2.29am August 13 after missing the cut of the John Deere Classic PGA tournament. The casino opted not to press charges.
The golfer celebrated the news by going on a Twitter rampage of sorts after some drew comparisons to US swimmer Ryan Lochte vandalizing a Rio gas station bathroom.
“So nice that all you wankers put me in the class as Lochte He is an amazing swimmer and GOLD medalist (sic),” the Allenby account tweeted.
Allenby also tweeted: “I am awesome mate, just had a gutful of all you Dic-heads”.
He later claimed to be intoxicated at the time those tweets were made.
The 4golfer is no stranger to controversy.
In January 2015, Allenby was found severely beaten with bruises all over his face after finishing dinner with friends at a restaurant. He had claimed to have been kidnapped. A Hawaii man was later sentenced to five years prison for using Allenby’s credit card and identification.
- Jagajeet Chiba, Gambling911.com