Manny Pacquiao Plans to Sue Floyd Mayweather

Submitted by Tyrone Black on

Written by :

Tyrone Black

Published on :

The Manny Pacquiao Floyd Mayweather Jr fight has been called off....for now.

We knew it was too good to be true.  This was looking to be one of the most bet on events of 2010 at online sportsbooks like Sports Interaction, which had the fight at near even odds before the cancellation this week.

Pacquiao plans to sue Floyd Mayweather, the American's father and Golden Boy Promotions in the next few days following a row over doping procedures, the Filipino world champion said in a statement.

"Enough is enough. These people, Mayweather Sr, Jr, and Golden Boy Promotions, think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs," Pacquiao was quoted as saying.

"I have tried to just brush it off as a mere pre-fight ploy but I think they have gone overboard."

The fight was originally scheduled for March 13 without many obstacles standing in the way.  There was supposed to be a split of $5o million up front. 

The fight has been called off as of now, according to promoter Bob Arum, due to disagreements about olympic style drug tests. Floyd Mayweather's camp wanted blood tests by the United States Anti-Doping Agency, which conducts the tests anytime from the fight is signed to the fight date.  However the Pacquiao camp refused to provide these samples, only willing to allow blood to be taken from Pacquiao at least 30 days before the fight date as well as immediately after the conclusion of the bout. Freddie Roach, on the other hand, has commented that he would allow a blood sample to be taken from Pacquiao at least one week before the fight.

Pacquiao said on Friday his reputation had been damaged enough. "I have instructed my promoter, Bob Arum, head of Top Rank Inc, to help me out in the filing of the case as soon as possible because I have had people coming over to me now asking if I really take performance-enhancing drugs and I have cheated my way into becoming the No 1 boxer in the world," he said. "I maintain and assure everyone that I have not used any form or kind of steroids."

Tyrone Black, Gambling911.com 

Related Content

UFC 333 Fight Odds Released

UFC 333 Fight Odds Released

UFC 333 was announced last night and the co-main event is stacked.
Mateusz Gamrot v Quillan Salkilld Fight Odds

Mateusz Gamrot v Quillan Salkilld Fight Odds

Mateusz Gamrot is listed as the +122 underdog here with Quillan Salkilld priced at -144.
Aaron McKenna v Etinosa Oliha Fight Odds

Aaron McKenna v Etinosa Oliha Fight Odds

Aaron McKenna is the -410 favorite versus Etinosa Oliha, who pays out $320 for every $100 bet with an upset.
UFC 331 Co-Main Odds Plus Two Heavyweight Showdowns

UFC 331 Co-Main Odds Plus Two Heavyweight Showdowns

The oddsmakers at BetOnline Sports & Casino have posted odds for the co-main events at UFC 331, along with two heavyweight battles.